Eligible business partners should be able to answer these questions in the affirmative:
- Are you a private sector entity (i.e. not a government entity)?
- Does your business operate in Latin America? The Caribbean? Sub-Saharan Africa?
- Does your project or company currently generate, or is it projected to generate, sufficient return in order to be able to repay debt or provide a return on investment?
- Does your business operate in one of FinDev Canada's priority sectors (sustainable infrastructure, agribusiness or financial services)?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to have an impact on economic and social development in the host country through market development (i.e. job creation), a contribution to women’s economic empowerment or climate action?