Associate / Senior Associate, Investments
Primary Location: Quebec-Montreal
Job Type: Permanent
FinDev Canada is seeking an Associate / Senior Associate, Investments to join our new team and contribute to the successful operation of FinDev Canada. The incumbent will work as an integral part of a team of professionals that will source, assess and manage financial transactions. FinDev Canada, established in January 2018 as a subsidiary of Export Development Canada (“EDC”), Canada’s export credit agency, is Canada’s development finance institution (“DFI”). Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, FinDev Canada’s mandate is to contribute to the economic and social development of developing countries by providing financial solutions to local private sector companies. FinDev Canada aspires to contribute to the field of development finance with an innovative, collaborative and business-minded approach. Through its action it will seek to generate positive impacts in terms of women’s economic empowerment, job creation and local market development, and climate change mitigation and adaptation, in a manner consistent with Canada’s international development mandate. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of highly talented and committed professionals whose mission is build a successful, ground breaking organization whose activities will contribute to changing people’s lives in developing countries by supporting successful and impactful businesses.
The successful candidates will participate in origination, structuring and delivering of tailored financial solutions to private sector companies and projects that contribute to the sustainable development of developing countries and to FinDev Canada's strategic objectives of job creation, women economic empowerment and climate change mitigation.
We are looking to identify a candidate with exposure to commercial credit analysis, structuring, documentation and transaction management who is committed to the principles of sustainable development. The candidate will be relied upon to contribute to the understanding of the customer’s needs, assess the credit risk and recommend risk mitigation strategies as appropriate to achieve the optimal balance between development impact and FinDev Canada’s business requirements. The role will work closely with Investment Officers, Development Impact and Environmental, Social and Governance specialists to ensure that transactions achieve FinDev Canada’s objectives.
As part of a new organization, the successful candidate will play a role in the evolution and continuous improvement of FinDev Canada’s practices and processes.
- Supports, originates, structures and delivers tailored financial solutions through active involvement within the domestic and international investment communities
- Identifies and monitors opportunities for investments through direct investing, co-investing or investing across a combination of investment/asset class specializations
- Analyse transactions within specified parameters, policies and guidelines
- Contributes to the evaluation and preparation of investment proposals including performance of due diligence and analysis of highly complex and/or high-risk transactions
- Develops and Utilizes financial models for valuation, risk assessment and cash flow profiling purposes
- Researches and keeps current on various industry trends
- Assesses the needs of clients to determine value-added means of financing, directing and supporting their business plans
- Participates in industry events, including venture fairs, association events, etc.
- Be a key resource to all the individuals on the Investments Team
- Contribute to various reporting requirements for the Investments Program
- As requested on an ad hoc basis, contribute to a variety of special projects as requested
- Associate : $75,700 - $113,600 + performance based incentive
- Senior Associate : $89,000 - $133,600 + performance based incentive