The 2X Invest2Impact – Business Competition was created to support the growth of high potential, women-owned businesses to increase their commerciality and impact. This major new initiative will support women entrepreneurs who have the potential to make a positive impact on their local economies and are strong candidates for investments from development financiers.
The initiative, created under the 2X Challenge - Financing for women initiative, is led by FinDev Canada, CDC Group (CDC) of the United Kingdom, Proparco of France and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) of the United States along with the Mastercard Foundation.
The goals of 2X Invest2Impact are to:
- Directly reach women-owned businesses that may otherwise face barriers in accessing investment capital;
- Contribute to the community of women business owners and leaders in the region;
- Gather and share learnings on women in business and gender-lens investing;
- Increase visibility and momentum for gender-lens investing; and
- Pilot an investment prospecting model that could be replicated in other regions.
Learn more about Invest2Impact
For more information, please visit the Invest2Impact website directly.